The Fire-EMS community lost a vital member this week.
Bryan Fass passed away suddenly on Monday. He was just 46.
A former paramedic, Bryan was well-known for his advocacy of first-responder fitness. His career was based on teaching injury-prevention and safety techniques.
He ran Fit Responder, which he founded in 2007, and spoke frequently at EMS industry conferences around the country.
Bryan was a prolific author, writing for multiple websites and his blog, as well as four books on fitness and wellness.
With me today to remember Bryan is Greg Friese, Editor-in-chief of EMS1.com
Greg writes about Bryan Fass here.
- 4 steps to achieve true fitness in fire/EMS
- 3 simple habits for EMTs to stay fit and have fun
- 5 steps to creating an EMS wellness program
- With EMS fitness habits, change is good
- Developing a sense of pride